Petrel Application Support Specialist
Job Type: W2 - Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX
Posted: August 09, 2018
Resolution Energy Services is searching for a Petrel Application Support Specialist to hire on as a full time employee of our company. We are searching for an individual to place in one of our major oil & gas clients in the Downtown Houston, TX area.
This position is for an experienced Petrel Application Support Specialist to providing in-depth technical support to our geoscientists and reservoir engineers in the use of Schlumberger’s Petrel application. The individual will join R.E.S.’s subsurface application support group working on-site in our client’s offices. The candidate needs to have good skillsets in more than one area of Petrel support (Geology, Geophysics, Reservoir Engineering) and IT, and can adapt to a fast-paced environment. The job responsibilities include day-to-day Petrel application support, workflow support, testing, consulting, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues, training/mentoring, and working with other team members to provide a full range of end-user support services.
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Analyzing and troubleshooting Petrel technical support issues. Taking ownership of support issues, working independently or collaboratively to other team members as needed, providing timely resolution or workarounds and escalation as appropriate.
- Work closely with other teams across ETC departments and support team in the Global Technology Center to provide global Petrotechnical application support.
- Participate in testing and evaluating new versions of software, report issues, verify bug fixes.
- Develop and document workflows for end users and share with others.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a Geology, Geophysics, Petroleum Engineering or Computer Science related discipline) or 10 years of relevant G&G application support experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of end-user support experience with Petrel for seismic interpretation and earth modeling.
- In-depth knowledge on Petrel interpretation and modeling workflows including 2D/3D seismic interpretation/visualization, gridding, mapping, well correlation, time-to-depth conversion, volumetrics, attributes analysis, structural, property and velocity modeling.
- Strong IT skills.
- Demonstrated effective analytical and independent problem-solving skills, responsive and customer-focused.
- Demonstrated ability to solve technically complex problems independently, can organize and contribute to collaborative team efforts to solve issues. Manages time and priorities effectively.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be a team player, proactive, take responsibility and accountability, collaborate well within and across teams, work effectively and cooperatively with peers, customers, vendors, and management. Must have the ability and willingness to build relationships, be able to leverage subject matter experts share best practices and knowledge, and provide mentorship to others.
- Master’s degree in an Earth Science discipline
To apply for a job posted here or or to get in touch, please use this form or email your resume to careers@ResolutionEnergyServices.com